Taking it to the Streets: Near Miss Reporting and One Captain’s Close Call
On Your Street, In Your City, Across the Country, Around the WorldTM
The line-up of Scheduled guests includes,
- Lt. Steve Mormino, FDNY (ret),
- Captain CJ Haberkorn Denver (CO) Fire Department and
- Special Guest Captain Michael Long, Camp Taylor (KY) Fire Protection District.
Grab a cup of coffee and sit down for a special two part, two hour program with Taking it to the Streets on Firefighernetcast.com where we’ll be discussing the National Near-Miss Reporting System and the untapped resources that the program and system provides with Christopher Naum and this outstanding group of fire service leaders.
The second part of the program will dedicated to the personal account of Captain Long’s Close Call event from July 25, 2010 (NMR #10-1072) when a catastrophic floor collapse at a residential occupancy plunged him into a fire involved basement.
Join in on the live open discussion with other fire service personnel from around the country. Check out the latest downloads of recent programs in the archives by visiting Taking it to the Street’s webpage on Firefighternetcast.com or for program insights at CommandSafety.com.
- Tune in to the Program Wednesday evening March 16th at 9:00 pm ET, HERE
- Firefighternetcast.com HERE
- Taking it to the Streets Radio Programs, HERE and HERE
- National Near Miss Reporting System, HERE
- National Near Miss Reporting System Resources, HERE
- National Near Miss Reporting System, 2011 Calendar and Annual Report, HERE
- One Captain’s Personal Near Miss Event, HERE
- Incident Posting from Commandsafety.com from 2010, HERE
© 2011 All Rights Reserved
Also on The Company Officer…
- The Ides of March: Learning and Remembrance – March 7, 2012
- Taking it to the Streets: Columbus – March 10, 2013
- Taking it to the Streets and Reading the Building: Side by Side – March 14, 2013
- Chicago Fire Captain Herbie Johnson remembered for his kindness, humor, bravery – November 9, 2012